This page will contain all the details on the COMBINATION POT project.
A pot created using the pinch, coil or slab methods of construction together. Combination pots require the use of scoring and slip to keep construction together.
Assignment: Student must make at least 1 combination pot using 2 methods of construction (pinch, coil or slab) and has a lid. Optional to use any type of decoration show in class thus far.
- Lid: A covering for the top of the pot, which usually has a handle.
- Lid catch: A piece of clay, usually a coil that acts as a stop so the lid does not slip off the rim of the pot.
- Engobe: A slurry of glaze materials used as decoration on leather hard clay or bisqueware.
- Complete Ceramic Idea Sheet.
- Wedge your clay thoroughly.
- Begin with the first method of construction you designed on your Idea Sheet.
- Continue by scoring a slipping the next method of construction onto the first part.
- Continue adding sections until you have a completed combination pot.
- Create lid from the lid worksheet.
- IMPORTANT!!!!! Lids must have a lid catch.
- Place on firing cart for bisque firing. Due Date: _______________________.
COMBINATION POT Introduction slideshow